Advancing to Columbus . . .
Cassandra Fernandez/Yasmina Ahmad
Carmic Hall/Reyna Armstrong
Chloe Vogel/Brittany Peurie/Fatima Girad
Photos and Delaina's performance here.
You have qualified for States and your work has been recognized; now it's on to Columbus (Saturday, April 26, 2014).
ALL the projects at States are good.
You kind of have 4 choices regarding your next steps:
1. Don't go (we hope you don't choose this one)
2. Don't make any changes at all (not recommended)
3. Completely start your project over from scratch (ugh)
4. Edit and revise your project to be more competitive (highly recommended)
- In a week or so the judges sheets will come back; this feedback can be helpful
- Have us take a really good look at your work
- Keep researching and adding sources
- Get your annotated bibs looking spiffy (Use NoodleTools!)
- Watch the webinars on bibliography and going to the contest
- There will be a day soon when a local expert or two will come in to look at your work (TBA)
Traveling to States
- The contest is at the student union at THE Ohio State University
- If you go down the night before and you need a room book it now; there is always something going on in Columbus
- Ms. Al and I will be going down leaving super-early (~5AM) on Saturday morning; I have 5 open seats in my van
- You must get your picture taken with the Brutus the Buckeye sculpture at the Ohio Union (especially if you are a Michigan fan)
- If we have time before awards I can give you a quick tour of the campus (I went to school there)